Best Value OBDII Required

Thomas79

Hi, 

As the title suggests. I'm looking for the best value OBD for the B8. Not the most expensive, as I don't want to dive into the world of coding for the ten year old diesel.

Essentially I want to be able to switch off the Service Due! message (As its been serviced) and maybe play around with a few simple mods (Needle Sweep etc)

Do the basic plug in machines do this (Around £30-£50) or would a Plug in, Bluetooth App like a FIXD OBD be a better investment?

Or, like on other VAG forums, would someone local be willing to meet up and perform a few tricks in exchange for 🍻?

Thanks

Have a look at obdeleven 

https://obdeleven.com/en/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw6NmHBhD2ARIsAI3hrM2gBJby8YdlQgOj-0rg0QFAe0hTAvRnlgCTnRDwWWRfGwjc6UKx_f4aAjdxEALw_wcB

They offer basic apps and workshop options along with more detailed options 

If you have an Android phone the basic / cheapest one will do otherwise you may need the newer version. 

The website is pretty informative. You need credits to enable the features but they're pretty cheap and you get 1 free credit every day just by opening the app! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 9 months later...
On 7/20/2021 at 11:09 PM, ninjag said:

Autel Maxi AP200 is pretty good and reasonably priced. 

Just to follow up on this, I discovered when doing my discs and pads that the Autel Maxi AP200 will not wind back the EPB, however, the icarsoft CR2.0 will. There's also the manual method of course, but slightly inconvenient having to remove the two bolts to get to the motor.