New lad from up Yorkshire

Hi all, 

Thought I'd join the forum and say hello. I've had my 2007 Audi A6 Le Man's 3.0 Tdi Avant since April and covered 6k with only one major niggle which is a common fault, the main camshaft pulley had bust. Luckily this was when id started the engine so wasn't driving along. 

Apart from that I've done a full discs and pads replaced with Brembos and gave the calipers a touch up

Hoping to maybe get some ideas and help towards any potential faults I may encounter in the future. Clocks are now on 127k and hoping to do big mileage. Do alot of the oil and filter changes myself to keep everything good

Anyway I'll not blab on

Cheers SeanIMG_20210604_115524.thumb.jpg.aca9656dcfcab3a0671fbefa1cff739f.jpgIMG_20210604_115653.thumb.jpg.9692388e46371cb17479a18f5d69c7b0.jpg

Welcome to the forum Sean you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch 🙂 

My a6 has done big mileage at 336k abd counting, on the original engine and gearbox. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

Welcome to the forum Sean you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch 🙂 

My a6 has done big mileage at 336k abd counting, on the original engine and gearbox. 

That is big mileage Steve. 👍

Does that include doing any gearbox oil and filter changes? 

Hi its well documented all DSG boxes need regular oil and filter changes every two years or 30k, I doubt Steves car possesses any magical properties that others don't, good housekeeping is the key to a long life which I am certain he has observed. Even my manual gearbox gets its oil changed every 50k.

Steve.

Cheers for the reply. 

The Internet these days is full of dos and don't though. 

Just wanting to get the best info as this is the 1st german bus I've owned

It's the tiptronic transmission in mine, which you get different variants for service intervals depending where you look. 

However I'm going to look into it being done in the next couple of month. The gear changes are very smooth and no slipping but best to be safe than sorry 

Cheers

On 8/17/2021 at 1:21 PM, Royle_A6_Hearse said:

That is big mileage Steve. 👍

Does that include doing any gearbox oil and filter changes? 

Yep it's only had routine maintenance abd has full service history.