Satnav upgrade

Griff4132

Hi Griff,

I'm a new member as well. I have been looking to upgrade my sat nav on 2012 Q7. If you look on eBay there are quite a few dealers selling the software for the maps at reduced prices with simple instructions on how to do it. They also have telephone support if your not sure what to do. Just go onto eBay and search for sat nav map upgrade for audi a7.

I hope this helps mate.

Hi Carm, yes I’ve also looked at the eBay once, but if you look on YouTube they say stay away from the eBay offers as they need a “key” that only main dealers have, and they will charge you the same as if you would have taken the vehicle to them in the first place, this scares me as my 2013 A7 sline 3.0 diesel Quatro is in excellent condition, except for the older Satnav, I will probably go and do it with a main dealer I'm not guided by someone that knows of a good place for me to take it, I’m based around the Wirral / Liverpool area, but thank you for that post Carm, just not confident enough to chance the eBay route on my own ☹️👍🏼

Morning Griff. 

No problem and completely understand not wanting to mess it up. It can be daunting especially if you cherish your car and want to keep it straight. That’s why I haven’t done mine yet. Like you I don’t want to mess it up and wish I just paid the extra to get it done properly. 

cheers for now mate. 

carm