Do you miss the POI'S on new S3?

Esso Oil

Hi, thanks for reading this post. I'm curious if any 2020/21 S3 (or A3) owners miss the facility to upload custom POIs (which Audi calls "Special Destinations") to the MMI map?

This was something you could do with older A3 / S3 range (I have a 2017 S3) but all new Audis with touchscreens have the newer MIB2+ or MIB3 Media System which DO NOT have the facility to upload Special Destinations (POI’s).

I have added dozens of POIs to my 2017 S3 including speed cams, red light cams and specs as well as Premier Inns, Greggs Bakers, McDonald's etc. I mostly use POIBASE to do this.

I'm just curious how good the built in POIs on the new A3 / S3 are. Can you navigate to the nearest McDonald's or the nearest Premier Inn?

I have asked around and surprisingly not many people used the points of interest upload feature.

I love the built in screen that replaces the old pop-up screen and the cockpit just looks so much better on the newer models but I think I might miss all of my speed cameras and my customised points of interest as I do a lot of driving.

It would be great to hear from some current owners to find out what they think about the POIs on the new A3 / S3.