Garage recommendations - HELP

AshV
聽Share

Hi all,

I have a 2014 Audi q7. I noticed a leak a leak so decided to take the car to Audi, they are saying the leak is from the upper sump but they recommend taking the engine out to replace the seal. Are they being serious?聽

I am thinking if the engine is coming out then might as well replace all seals for once but the money involved via audi is ridiculous so can anyone provide a recommendation in the UK where they will do a good job at an acceptable price?

I live in midlanda but happy to travel.

Thanks in advance 馃檪

6 hours ago, AshV said:

Hi all,

I have a 2014 Audi q7. I noticed a leak a leak so decided to take the car to Audi, they are saying the leak is from the upper sump but they recommend taking the engine out to replace the seal. Are they being serious?聽

I am thinking if the engine is coming out then might as well replace all seals for once but the money involved via audi is ridiculous so can anyone provide a recommendation in the UK where they will do a good job at an acceptable price?

I live in midlanda but happy to travel.

Thanks in advance 馃檪

Hi try and find a sensible independent garage in your area if it is the sump they can probably get away with supporting the engine on a cross brace and remove the mounts apart of the subframe to wiggle it out, the sump has no gasket its sealed with some sort of grey silicone, I wish you luck.

Steve.

• 3 weeks later...