Intermittent Starting Issues

Alexis McCarty

I am looking for help to figure out what is going on with my 2015 Q7 3.0T/TDI Premium Plus. It has been having intermittent starting issues. When I push the button to start (also does it with key) the dash lights come on, air blows (hot) and the brake pedal becomes hard. No other warning lights or errors come up. Usually it takes 3 or so attempts to get it started. I have to use the stop enginebutton and open the driver door then push start again. This never happens with the first start of the day. It is always the second or more drive usually when it has been parked between 1-2 hours. Once car is started it drivesand behaves well.  The dealership cannot replicate theissue and no faults come up. They actually have it now. All I am aware of them doing is running it for a while, shutting it down and then starting it again to try and replicate it. This is the third time they have had it over the last year. I had the car towed this last time because I thought it had finally died. I was not able to start it after 30 minutes. The two weeks leading up to this incident the issue was happening daily and sometimes multiple times in a day. This incident also added a “squealing” noise.  It sounded like it could be a belt. It made the noise when I pushed the start button and continued until I pushed the stop button. This was a new phenomenon.  I felt confident the dealership could find the source but since they have had it it has started normally. If anyone could add any insight I would greatly appreciate it. Also I live in Houston and our weather is almost always hot. This last incident happened when it was in the low 60’s.