Audi 80 2.0E 1994 Automatic gearbox swap, valve body control question.

FelixB

Hey AudiOwnersClub

My dad is driving a 1994 Audi 80 2.0E Automatic 4 speed, gearbox 097 letters: CFW
The gearbox on the car have been sounding weird in 4th gear since we bought it 5 years ago.
Lately the car wont go into 4th so the day has come to exchange the gearbox for a new properly working one. And on last gearbox service there was metal in the oil. (it has actually done 72000km while sounding "unhealthy in 4th")

I am a mechanic and happen to have the original procedure for a Audi 80 097 gearbox exchange on hand so no problem there.

However locating a CFW gearbox have not been possible. Understandably seeing the car is 27 years old.

The closest match i have found is an ATT, however when looking closer the ATT gearbox, it has another valve body.

The CFW gearbox is using LBA valve body

The ATT gearbox is using LAC valve body.

So my question is, can the gearbox computer currently in the car (Code: CFW) control another valve body?
Both gearboxes have the same amount of gear wheel teeth internally.

The ATT gearbox is also using another torque converter, but that should be fine.
Gear ratios also vary, but so little it will hardly be felt.

I would greatly appreciate some help.

Best regards
Felix