Installing a touchscreen

Nico08

Hello.

I'm looking forward to buying an Audi A3 2015-2017. Only one problem. I've gotten used to Apple carplay and I want my next car to have it as well.

Most of the cars I have been looking at dose not have a touchscreen or Apple carplay. I've seen companies that offer to install carplay but only usable through the standard controls. When I look up touchscreens for the A3, many low quality products shows up, that is not what I'm interested in.

Anyone who have had experience with installing a touchscreen and Apple carplay in an A3 2015-2017 and would like to share it? Is it even possible? Any recommendations?

I have installed aftermarket radios with carplay in other cars and have experience with working on cars. If it's possible I would like to do it myself.

Note that I'm in Denmark. Budget is not my biggest concern. I want it to look original/professional. Wireless or cable I do not have a preference.

Attached picture is an idea to what I want. Thank you for your help!

apple-carplay-2095800-1920-1024x683.jpg