S4 B8 2010 Timing chain

Luke530

Hi, I'd imagine this has been posted numerous times. 

I'm looking into doing the timing chain myself, I'm wondering where the best place to get a complete timing kit from plus the locking kits aswell. Also while I'm doing the chain what else do people recommend changing as it's in pieces. Thinking clutch as it's already out and looking into exhaust upgrade aswell as I know the cats are a pain to change.

Edited by Luke530

18 hours ago, Luke530 said:

Hi, I'd imagine this has been posted numerous times. 

I'm looking into doing the timing chain myself, I'm wondering where the best place to get a complete timing kit from plus the locking kits aswell. Also while I'm doing the chain what else do people recommend changing as it's in pieces. Thinking clutch as it's already out and looking into exhaust upgrade aswell as I know the cats are a pain to change.

I also thought about doing this but haven't taken the plunge yet!

Anyway all of the parts and the tools seemed to be available through Autodoc. However there is discussion on other forums which recommend only using an OEM timing chain kit which you can get from the Main Dealer. Up to Xmas these were on back order but i don't know now.

As for the tooling if you keep an eye on Autodoc they often have discount codes, so may be worth buying with one of those. Again expect couple of weeks delivery time