c123ef0 - Hydraulic Brake Booster Limit Value Reached

alitop14

C123EF0 - Hydraulic Brake Booster Limit Value Reached

This code gets stored in the ABS unit permanently after the yellow light warning is repeated 20 times.  

Options I have found to fix this code

1. The dealer quoted me £3000 to fix this code by replacing the ABS unit as it can't be re-programmed.
  2. The second option is sending your ABS to Ecutesting it costs around £300.

Does anyone know if this code can be removed by re-flashing/ re-coding the unit via software such us ODIS, OBDeleven, VCDS or MPPS.

3 hours ago, alitop14 said:

C123EF0 - Hydraulic Brake Booster Limit Value Reached

This code gets stored in the ABS unit permanently after the yellow light warning is repeated 20 times.  

Options I have found to fix this code

1. The dealer quoted me £3000 to fix this code by replacing the ABS unit as it can't be re-programmed.
  2. The second option is sending your ABS to Ecutesting it costs around £300.

Does anyone know if this code can be removed by re-flashing/ re-coding the unit via software such us ODIS, OBDeleven, VCDS or MPPS.

Hi my best advice is send it to ECU testing, you can try to reflash it but if you get it wrong it will cause a lot of other problems, no one wants to spend £300 but at least you get back a working unit and reinstalled use VCDS to purge the unit and re adapt it there are plenty of youtube how to videos.

Steve.

Hi just had a gander on youtube ECU testing have a video about your problem with the same dtc apparently its a common problem and their solution is to remanufacture your own unit which would suggest that if you save the long coding for your unit once fitted it would be a case of using the original coding to activate it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi just had a gander on youtube ECU testing have a video about your problem with the same dtc apparently its a common problem and their solution is to remanufacture your own unit which would suggest that if you save the long coding for your unit once fitted it would be a case of using the original coding to activate it.

Hi apparently looking on the website they remanufacture your old unit and make sure it retains its coding, even better just plug in and play after clearing the codes.

• Like 1

I agree with you, I was just hoping that someone knows what the actually do to it.

I understand that they have special equipment to test the abs pump itself, but this error is more related to the module and component protection makes it difficult for an average mechanic to re program it. 

7 hours ago, alitop14 said:

I agree with you, I was just hoping that someone knows what the actually do to it.

I understand that they have special equipment to test the abs pump itself, but this error is more related to the module and component protection makes it difficult for an average mechanic to re program it. 

Hi every manufacturer of components builds in obsolescence on that component the idea is the car producer makes money out of changing it at a later date, ECU testing identify the problematic chips on the control PCB and replace them with upgraded chips so they are more robust, the manufacturers ignore the weakness of such things as it generates money by them supplying the dealers with new units £££££.

The clever bit is they replace the offending items on your unit whilst preserving its coding value, the main dealer won't do that as they can earn more money by re coding a new unit, anyone can code new units provided they have the correct software/diagnostic program to do it VCDS or OBD ELEVEN, please watch the video on youtube the engineers stations where the repairs are carried out are kitted out like the bridge of a starship, the units on our cars are a revolution in so much as they have a mechanical boost system built in to them as a failsafe if the electronic unit lets go, the units are solid state in so much as you can't separate the valve block from the control module, on older modules you could separate the two and just get a second hand control unit and just change it and recode, no where near enough profit from the dealers perspective.

Steve.