What Android to replace an RNS-C?

SubmarineWasher

Current RNS-C has a missing CD. Even if I buy the CD, 

* Don't like not having no rear view cam (RNS-E will sort that)

* Don't like having a separate Parrot Blutooth that can't play YouTube (RNS-E will sort that)

* Don't like using my phone for Google Maps or Waze 

I suppose my question really is:

15yr old RNS-E vs 2022 Android?

Your comments, please folks

• 3 months later...

On 3/9/2022 at 2:57 PM, SubmarineWasher said:

Current RNS-C has a missing CD. Even if I buy the CD, 

* Don't like not having no rear view cam (RNS-E will sort that)

* Don't like having a separate Parrot Blutooth that can't play YouTube (RNS-E will sort that)

* Don't like using my phone for Google Maps or Waze 

I suppose my question really is:

15yr old RNS-E vs 2022 Android?

Your comments, please folks

I’ve had my A4 B6 Cab for a couple of days and already concluded that the Android option is a no brainer. I converted to one in my 2006 Shogun and couldn’t believe how over priced and third rate the average ‘top of the range’ European offerings are by comparison. For about £250 I had full WiFi Bluetooth CarPlay Internet YouTube Google Maps DBS rear view camera and much more on the 9” touch screen and could easily upgrade to a full 360 camera system and monitor the tyre pressures and OBD2 info etc etc etc. I’ve asked my supplier to quote for one made specifically for the A4. They have already said they can do it and asked for pics of the existing system to make sure that they quote for all the right leads etc. Only drawback is the long wait for delivery from China but it’s well worth it. 

1 hour ago, LordLucan said:

I’ve had my A4 B6 Cab for a couple of days and already concluded that the Android option is a no brainer. I converted to one in my 2006 Shogun and couldn’t believe how over priced and third rate the average ‘top of the range’ European offerings are by comparison. For about £250 I had full WiFi Bluetooth CarPlay Internet YouTube Google Maps DBS rear view camera and much more on the 9” touch screen and could easily upgrade to a full 360 camera system and monitor the tyre pressures and OBD2 info etc etc etc. I’ve asked my supplier to quote for one made specifically for the A4. They have already said they can do it and asked for pics of the existing system to make sure that they quote for all the right leads etc. Only drawback is the long wait for delivery from China but it’s well worth it. 

Thanks mate.

Since uploading my original post, I've had the Android fitted. But it waa a cheap one and too fiddly. I'm going to replace it for a better one.

May I know:

Who is your supplier and what make and model is the Android?

Edited by SubmarineWasher

My unit in the Shogun was from EKIY and a mate of mine bought from them too. We had great service and response. I sent them generic photos of the Audi unit in my car and they’ve been very careful to ask for real photos pointing out that these differ and wanting to check the reverse. They could really have just taken my money and then let me buy more bits later. They also replied same day twice now. I’ll upload some pictures later 

65F41DC9-6E25-4690-90C3-630BBE79E6BA.jpeg

4 hours ago, LordLucan said:

They could really have just taken my money and then let me buy more bits later. They also replied same day twice now.

That's exactly what happened to me!

EKIY is the Android, but who fitted it?