Dpf fault?

Andrea

I have a Audi A4 2l Diesel 2011 , the DPF light came on also engine management which put the car into limp home mode, I have since had the Dpf replaced, EGR valve, also the pressure sensors, the sensors are genuine Audi the Dpf and the EGR valve wasn’t. I don’t even like driving the car anymore as the DPf light still comes on and can still throw it into LHM, to keep it going I have a small diagnostic machine plugged in, but I’m sick of having to delete codes to ensure it doesn’t go into LHM please help it’s already cost a fortune, has anyone had the sameproblem? Thanks for reading x

Hi Andrea

I have an A6 Avant that keeps trying to do a DPF recharge. Whilst I don't have any warning lights on it is annoying as the tick over increases and the cooling fans stay on after switch off. I am told it is because I do short journeys. When this happens I put it in sport mode and give it a bit of a blast. This does cure it until the next time. I am not saying this is your problem but perhaps give it a try.

Tony

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Andrea said:

I have a Audi A4 2l Diesel 2011 , the DPF light came on also engine management which put the car into limp home mode, I have since had the Dpf replaced, EGR valve, also the pressure sensors, the sensors are genuine Audi the Dpf and the EGR valve wasn’t. I don’t even like driving the car anymore as the DPf light still comes on and can still throw it into LHM, to keep it going I have a small diagnostic machine plugged in, but I’m sick of having to delete codes to ensure it doesn’t go into LHM please help it’s already cost a fortune, has anyone had the sameproblem? Thanks for reading x

Hi Andrea,I had the same problem with my vw passat,spent a lot of money on sensors and other stuff,eventually  took it to a company called vastec who found out it was  the turbo,new turbo  problem solved,pity I didn't go there from the start

Just to add my two penth worth. Non genuine dog or egrs can be of questionable quality depending on what ones have been fitted. I'd recommend genuine ones where possible. So e aftermarket ones are known to fail in less than a year. 

1 hour ago, David Wise said:

Hi Andrea,I had the same problem with my vw passat,spent a lot of money on sensors and other stuff,eventually  took it to a company called vastec who found out it was  the turbo,new turbo  problem solved,pity I didn't go there from the start

Thank you for your reply I will try anything but I’m hoping it isn’t the turbo x

14 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

Just to add my two penth worth. Non genuine dog or egrs can be of questionable quality depending on what ones have been fitted. I'd recommend genuine ones where possible. So e aftermarket ones are known to fail in less than a year. 

Thanks I have actually heard this before, I am going to also try and get the turbo cleaned to see if that makes any difference x