Searched Gearbox code but can not find the type? Can anybody help please?

Didster

43 minutes ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi I think you will find its QDC as the engine code is. CGQB.

Steve.

Easiest way to find out is phone the dealers and give them your VIN/REG and they will be able to tell you straight away as that trans code is only applicable to one type of box its not a multiple choice option.

21 hours ago, Stevey Y said:

Easiest way to find out is phone the dealers and give them your VIN/REG and they will be able to tell you straight away as that trans code is only applicable to one type of box its not a multiple choice option.

Cheers Stevey, it actually says it's Tip in the Audi App, but Volksmaster are saying it's S-tronic? I'm looking at getting a gearbox sevice and they quoted me £900

14 hours ago, Didster said:

Cheers Stevey, it actually says it's Tip in the Audi App, but Volksmaster are saying it's S-tronic? I'm looking at getting a gearbox sevice and they quoted me £900

Hi I would tend to go with what Audi are telling you, might be worth giving them a call just to nail it shut, £900 seems a little more than excessive for a service after all its only a couple of filters and some oil and a few hours labour, the problem is they are all trying to claw back losses from the lockdown and as most lateral thinking people know you might as well try poking smoke up a cats backside with a knitting needle with that idea.

Steve.

1 hour ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi I would tend to go with what Audi are telling you, might be worth giving them a call just to nail it shut, £900 seems a little more than excessive for a service after all its only a couple of filters and some oil and a few hours labour, the problem is they are all trying to claw back losses from the lockdown and as most lateral thinking people know you might as well try poking smoke up a cats backside with a knitting needle with that idea.

Steve.

Cheers for the reply again Stevey, they're telling me the oil costs about £44 a ltr, which there's 10 ltrs in the Gearbox, then labour of about 3 to 4 hours, then around £200 for filters. I'll nip to my nearest Audi center at the end of the week. I'm away at the mo. I'll keep you posted though m8y

7 hours ago, Didster said:

Cheers for the reply again Stevey, they're telling me the oil costs about £44 a ltr, which there's 10 ltrs in the Gearbox, then labour of about 3 to 4 hours, then around £200 for filters. I'll nip to my nearest Audi center at the end of the week. I'm away at the mo. I'll keep you posted though m8y

Hi funny that I had that problem with my mates 2017 Merc we got the oil grade info and bought it off of eBay it transpired that the stuff they wanted £30 a litre for was the exact same Fuchs Titan that we bought for £70 for seven litres, I wish you luck.

Steve.

24 minutes ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi funny that I had that problem with my mates 2017 Merc we got the oil grade info and bought it off of eBay it transpired that the stuff they wanted £30 a litre for was the exact same Fuchs Titan that we bought for £70 for seven litres, I wish you luck.

Steve.

I'll keep that in mind m8y. Cheers 😊👍🏻

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/28/2022 at 6:45 PM, Didster said:

I'll keep that in mind m8y. Cheers 😊👍🏻

Phoned Darkside the other day, gave them my Vin and they say the Gearbox is a VAG 8HP55 0BK ZF which i'm still none the wiser but, they quoted me for a gearbox sevice, and a map for £300 more than the G/box sevice at Volksmater... 

not really into tinkering with modern tech, used to tinker with the ewd Pinto engines back in the day but, tday, i'd rather let somebody else do it ... 👍🏻😊