Airbag light on

Dr-x

Hi 

I have an A1 registered in January 2018 , when I turn the ignition on I have a message on the dash telling me that the passenger Airbag is on however when I start the car the Airbag light does not go out. Photo below:

Any ideas (Apart from go to Dealership)

Is it safe to drive / would you send your 17 year old child in it ?

9C7D391A-52EA-493C-9BEC-4286FC3444C8.jpeg

Hi get it read for codes, my guess is its one of the front seat connectors is loose or dirty they work on about 6 OHMS resistance and anything higher triggers the light, my daughter went through a phase of this before I educated her about jumping in and launching the seats back and forth, if the lights on the airbag whichever side is faulty won't work, if you get the basic OBD Eleven code reader it will tell you where the fault is.

Steve.

31 minutes ago, Dr-x said:

Thanks Steve,

Where is the best place to get that OBD Reader you mentioned ?

Hi eBay or Amazon, once purchased you will wonder how you ever got on without it, I went stupid when I first got my car and bought VCDS about four times the price it has a lot more functions than OBD but the system generally has the same functions including reading codes and the all important put out the light, just make sure the version you purchase will be compatible with your year and model.

Steve.