Ad blue warning light

Denloon

Hi I’m new to Audi and this warning lamp came on my dash. I topped up and it only held about 8L thinking it was nearly empty since the light came on

my question is will this need booked into garage to clear the warning off my dash as it’s not going off since topping up

thanks

740CDF80-C41E-44EB-9B10-2A41B4931E1D.jpeg

53 minutes ago, Denloon said:

Hi I’m new to Audi and this warning lamp came on my dash. I topped up and it only held about 8L thinking it was nearly empty since the light came on

my question is will this need booked into garage to clear the warning off my dash as it’s not going off since topping up

thanks

740CDF80-C41E-44EB-9B10-2A41B4931E1D.jpeg

Hi I ask a stupid question but have you driven the car a lot since you topped up as sometimes my car does this and it has to do a couple of drive cycles before the light goes out, other than that it could well involve a trip to the garage to reset the level sensor.

Steve.

40 minutes ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi I ask a stupid question but have you driven the car a lot since you topped up as sometimes my car does this and it has to do a couple of drive cycles before the light goes out, other than that it could well involve a trip to the garage to reset the level sensor.

Steve.

No just topped up this morning then drove home after work. The reason I’m thinking it’s a garage job is the spanner symbol and not the fill up symbol 

5 minutes ago, Denloon said:

No just topped up this morning then drove home after work. The reason I’m thinking it’s a garage job is the spanner symbol and not the fill up symbol 

Hi you are supposed to drive the car for at least ten mins after filling the tank but that symbol is on because it has gone a bit stupid this is frequent and can be cured by doing an adblue sensor then sensor lock using VCDS.

Steve

6 minutes ago, Denloon said:
14 minutes ago, Stevey Y said:

How do you mean 

an adblue sensor then sensor lock using VCDS. how is this done 

Hi you use VCDS diagnostic platform, go to engine and then select basic settings scroll down the options until you reach SCR reset level reset press go let it complete its task then press done then go back to the dropdown menu on basic settings and select SCR lock press go let that finish then press done and go back to main menu and shut the program down.

Steve.