UTR WiFi Connection issues

ksd202

Help all,

I've installed the AUDI UTR 2.0 in my 2020 A6 Prestige and have to admit that I really like the idea of being able to connect to the vehicle's WiFi hotspot and then viewing/streaming live and saved videos over that WiFi connection HOWEVER I'm curious if anyone has been able to find a way to get the UTR to connect to the vehicle WiFi WITHOUT any user input (opening the UTR app on the phone to force the WiFi connection)? If someone else has the vehicle, if it's stolen for example, and I want to look at the UTR app to see where the vehicle is on the map, I won't be able to do that because the UTR only connects to the vehicle WiFi when "told to do so" through the app. I really would hate to think that Audi did this by design but it seems pretty par for the course with Audi's previous track record. I can't see the system being unable to be configured to do this since the WiFi info is already on the UTR. Simply "seeing" the WiFi signal should trigger the UTR to connect to it. Am I missing something here?

Current UTR light status displays as:
UTR WiFi light is red when the APP is connected directly to UTR WiFi.
UTR WiFi light is green when the UTR is connected to the VEHICLE WiFi.

I do have the MyAudi app and yes it shows but being able to see/hear what's going on inside the vehicle in real time is a huge plus. I've also got a Blackvue in my truck and love that it just connects as soon as it see the WiFi. It just doesn't make sense that you are forced to open the app to get the UTR camera to connect. It actually makes me wish I would have had just purchased another Blackvue for the Audi instead