A5 1.8TFSI erratic idling issue - nightmare !

pumi63

3 hours ago, Dassen said:

Hello!

Did the electrical tests help?

Good evening Dassen ,

After everything was exhausted and 'experts' changing the wrong parts we changed the diaphragm assembly ( pcv ) on top of the engine , and this has fixed the issue . The car was sold in January 2023 and the new owner is happy with it .

So , a lot of the parts did not need changing such as sensors , throttle body and a lot of repeated diagnostics which gave misleading results !

Hope this helps others in a similar situation and save money too.

Thank you ,

Perm

• 10 months later...

Hello @pumi63

Good afternoon. Your post seem to be life saver as I have same problem on my Audi A5  petrol where by the vehicle vibrates on idle and stops. This happened 2 weeks back and since last week vehicle didn't strt. I have given this to Audi dealer n Walton and thy have come back stating that they couldn't find any issue and car is now functioning fine. All thy did is opened up and ran diagnostic and as usual no errors noted. Post that thy confirm no issues with car. How can I go about validating this and also ensure problem will not occur again. Only good thing is I had purchased extended warranty on this car which has done only 32000 miles and 5 yrs old. Audi dealers claim that this could be due to fuel issues which could have cleaned whe  they investigated.

Any pointers or suggestions from all would be really welcome.

Edited by rmaysh
More info added