Audi A4 1.4 tsfi 2016 MODEL - Inspection Due?

Moses

Hi Guys

I have Audi A4 1.4 tsfi 2016 MODEL (petrol), which was bought last year in March from an independent dealer, when purchased it had a oil and filter change and timing belt replaced (since then i have topped the oil).

The vehicle has done around 4k miles in 10 months or so (53k miles in total).

Yesterday i got a message on the dash stating Inspection Due within 5300 miles or within 28 days.

Inspection Due - can anyone give any information on this and what is needed?

I have rang the main dealer, they weren't 100% sure and stated it may need a brake fluid change £91.20, if it needs a major service then it would be £365.00 plus the brake fluid.

Rang an independent Audi garage and he stated dont worry about the inspection due but may need a major service which would include a major service/inspection, oil and filter change / cabin filter / brake fluid £435.00

Rang a local garage who deals with Audi, theyve stated oil and filter change / brake fluid £225.00 

I have no idea what is needed at this stage - am thinking of getting it serviced at 12 months with the MOT due in March - but what do i go for?

Help would be appreciated.

Hello Mussa, 

It seems your annual mileage will be low at c5k, so the car should be set on an annual service schedule, since low mileage/ short journey trips take their tole on any vehicle. 
I take it you checked the service history before purchase, and hopefully you have obtained a print out of what has been done and when. 
In the unlikely event that you don’t have any earlier servicing details for the car, then I would treat this to an oil and filter, air and pollen filter change type service, and arrange to get it serviced every year from there, and renew the air and pollen filters every two years. 
Brake fluid change? Was every two years, and again if no record of it being done within the last two years, then I would be getting that done now as well. 
If you adhere to this level of servicing now, you will have a sound base point to move forward from from here on. 
Perhaps you could let us know about it’s previous service history. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

40 minutes ago, Magnet said:

Hello Mussa, 

It seems your annual mileage will be low at c5k, so the car should be set on an annual service schedule, since low mileage/ short journey trips take their tole on any vehicle. 
I take it you checked the service history before purchase, and hopefully you have obtained a print out of what has been done and when. 
In the unlikely event that you don’t have any earlier servicing details for the car, then I would treat this to an oil and filter, air and pollen filter change type service, and arrange to get it serviced every year from there, and renew the air and pollen filters every two years. 
Brake fluid change? Was every two years, and again if no record of it being done within the last two years, then I would be getting that done now as well. 
If you adhere to this level of servicing now, you will have a sound base point to move forward from from here on. 
Perhaps you could let us know about it’s previous service history. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thanks Gareth for taking the time to reply. 

so the service history on the vehicle looks like this:  

Audi Main Dealer 22/11/2017 - vehicle mileage 18,777 (what it says on receipt) -oil change and inspection service - oil filter / drain plug / cleaner / filter ins / engine oil / health check 

Independent Garage service 26/03/21 - vehicle mileage 42k - oil filter / air filter / drain plug / oil 5 litre. 

Independent Garage Service 09/02/22 - 48,992 miles (this is just before a bought the vehicle) oil filter / engine oil / timing belt 

mot is due 01/03/23

Please advise? Thanks 

Edited by Moses

Hello Mussa, 

You are very welcome. Hope this doesn’t offend, but the car’s service history is somewhat sketchy, with a 4 year/23K miles gap in its recorded history. 
If it were mine:- 

I would treat this to a major service prior to its MOT. This would include air and pollen (cabin) filters at this stage to establish a sound base point with which to move forward with - as mentioned. 
I would get the garage to then reset it to an annual service schedule, and you just as well have that done prior to its MOT every year. 
I would certainly get the brake fluid changed, since there is no recorded evidence of it being done prior. I would also get the auxiliary belt changed at this stage, since this can cause damage if it fails. Good practice is to renew it when the cambelt is changed, but you don’t mention that being attended to. 
Where to get it serviced?? 
I favour a local trusted garage, where you can actually talk with the mechanics and discuss any issues found, but respect whatever you feel more comfortable with. 
Whenever you decide, I would be restraining a filed copy of the servicing invoices from this point on. 
Hope some of this helps Mussa.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Like 1

That’s great - will look at a major service then atleast I know I’ve done everything from my part and hopefully we good to go. 

I have all the receipts etc from previous services so will keeping it all together. 

now let’s find a decent garage to carry out the works lol

thanks once again 

Edited by Moses
  • Like 1

Last thing before going forward Mussa :- Check with a local Audi dealer for any unknown service history recorded on their site. You may need the VIN as well as the reg. no. Worth a try to see if it fills the current gap. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

30 minutes ago, Magnet said:

Last thing before going forward Mussa :- Check with a local Audi dealer for any unknown service history recorded on their site. You may need the VIN as well as the reg. no. Worth a try to see if it fills the current gap. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thanks I will do - I have all the MOT papers to show the yearly testing done.

will have another look if I’ve missed any services