Audi 1998 cabriolet - Roof issues.

Sonny1

Hello everyone. 
my beautiful 98 cabriolet is having some  roof problems. 
Wondering if anyone has had any experience/ can offer some advice. 
thank you all. 
sonny 

1 hour ago, Sonny1 said:

Hello everyone. 
my beautiful 98 cabriolet is having some  roof problems. 
Wondering if anyone has had any experience/ can offer some advice. 
thank you all. 
sonny 

Hi Sonny1

would you like to say what the problems are. 

• Like 1

Hi. Car broke down with a failed alternator with the roof down, and it had to be closed manually. 
After the alternator problems and new battery were installed, the roof will not go down

the windows will go down slightly as normal when you twist the latch but the roof will not move when you press the button to unfold it. 
thanks

Hi Sonny1

I am no expert on Cabriolet electric roofs but when I have had similar problems I usually keep trying different things and usually get the problem resolved. I would try to reset the roof by putting the roof down manually making sure the boot lid and the roof compartment cover are closed properly, turn the ignition off then on and try raising the roof electrically. Micro switches on the boot lid and the roof compartment cover latches play a big part in the smooth operation of the roof. 
hope this works for you!

Turlough. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Turlough said:

Hi Sonny1

I am no expert on Cabriolet electric roofs but when I have had similar problems I usually keep trying different things and usually get the problem resolved. I would try to reset the roof by putting the roof down manually making sure the boot lid and the roof compartment cover are closed properly, turn the ignition off then on and try raising the roof electrically. Micro switches on the boot lid and the roof compartment cover latches play a big part in the smooth operation of the roof. 
hope this works for you!

Turlough. 

Thank you very much for your advice. 👍

17 hours ago, Sonny1 said:

Thank you very much for your advice. 👍

Turlough that worked! Reset the roof back to fully open position then the normal switch to close it began functioning again. Full open/close function now restored. 
you’re a legend! Thanks again for your help. S

• Like 2