Aftermarket clutch kit UK A4 B9 1.4tfsi

FancyVW

Looks like I will be needing a new clutch soon. Quotes received so far to supply and fit are from around £2,000 to £2,800 apparently as the parts are only available for Audi directly. Does anyone know if this is correct? It seems strange that there would be no aftermarket option for a car that's been around for 7 years.

Hello Duncan,

My best advice would be to look up the contact phone number of LUK ( premium clutch manufacturer) and pass your question to their Technical section. They will be able to give you a definitive answer. Be equipped with the VIN as well incase needed. 
Perhaps you could let us know how you get on. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• 3 weeks later...

Didn’t you actually get connected to somebody on the telephone Duncan - rather than leaving a message? 
If not, I would just keep trying on the phone, and/or look for alternative phone numbers  where somebody should be able to connect you internally. 
Keep us posted Duncan.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thanks for posting the response Duncan. 
It seems you are now at the mercy of Audi’s pricing structure. 

Have you tried Audi Parts Direct ( part of Mon Motors) at Cardiff, and Aberdeen Audi, both of which have been known to offer discounts? 

TPS would be another source, although I think you will need someone with an account with them to be able to buy from them. 
Would you be kind enough to let us know how you get on.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

p.s. Which of the clutch parts has actually gone on yours?