RS6 door lock module.

Steve123

Last week neither either of my two remotes nor their associated keys would open my drivers door. All three other doors and the boot would open, though. When I rang the RAC there was a long delay whilst the bloke went off the phone, ostensibly to check something. When he came back, it was to say that they didn’t regard my problem as a bona fide breakdown, and they therefore would not be attending unless I paid £160.00.  This effectively means that the RAC now choose to exclude items that are genuine breakdowns ; what else is on this list, I wonder ?

Responses on either the RAC or the door lock problem are very welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Steve, it’s interesting what you say about breakdown firms attending less. I’ve got five cars insured with National Farmers Union ( who also cover my thatched farmhouse and contents so I pay them a good premium ). NFU use the RAC so I imagined I’d have top notch cover, but obviously not !  When my Alfa Romeo GTA Sportwagon got rear ended and written off a few months ago, the NFU rang me twice to see if I was happy with the quality of the breakdown service ; this time I never heard from them at all. Many thanks for your helpful advice re the door lock ! Cheers, Steve.