2011 B8 Avant 2.0 TFSI Quattro

K-LO

Hi all,

I'm new here and to the world of Audi's after 2 decades of BMW ownership.

I'm looking at potentially purchasing an 2011 B8 Avant 2.0 TFSI Quattro

Are they a good choice to go for?  Heard issues regarding oil consumption.  How bad is it?

Also any other issues to look out for?

Thanks

Edited by K-LO

hi,welcme to this great forum.i have had my audi a4 b8 2011 avant tdi for 18 months now and just today had Front Axle Lower Control Wishbone Arm Set - M14 - 65mm changed(£401 including tracking by a garage). also i need to change 2X front  lower Engine Support Hydro Mounts Left / Right as one is leaking(for the pair from eBay by melye(£144.99)fitting myself...my oil has always been fine though audi did say i have a slight oil leak coming from somewhere.but my oil has been fine since buying the car so it must be very minimal...overall i am happy with the car having had it serviced regular.my timing is due and quoted by garage £500.tax on mine is £30 a year having the stop/start(can be turned off to save on wear.but thats been fine.sometimes you can have faults come up on the dash and can be down to a low battery.i had a boot leak and believe mine was coming from the 2 air vents.since i put sealant round them i have had no problems.been told to change the gearbox oil at some point.mine is the estate car and have carried a few things in it so very handy.