Bilstein B16 Damptronic V B16 PSS10 on Audi S4 Avant B9

robjames

Does anyone have any experience with fitting either the B16 Damptronic or B16 PSS10 kit on their S4 Avant B9. I've got a dodgy shock so thought I'd upgrade and ideally improve the handling and slightly lower the car. Although the B16 damptronic would be ideal as it integrates with the existing dynamic control it doesn't appear to lower by much if at all. Just wondered if anyone has fitted either of these kits previously. The B16 PSS10 does also have the ability to lower to preference but results in removing the dynamic suspension so requires a delete kit.

1 hour ago, robjames said:

Does anyone have any experience with fitting either the B16 Damptronic or B16 PSS10 kit on their S4 Avant B9. I've got a dodgy shock so thought I'd upgrade and ideally improve the handling and slightly lower the car. Although the B16 damptronic would be ideal as it integrates with the existing dynamic control it doesn't appear to lower by much if at all. Just wondered if anyone has fitted either of these kits previously. The B16 PSS10 does also have the ability to lower to preference but results in removing the dynamic suspension so requires a delete kit.

Hi the Damptronic kit is probably the best option as any Bilstein shocks are a serious upgrade on standard shocks the reason the kit won't lower it anymore is that its designed to work in sync with what is already a factory lowered suspension set up, further lowering may lead to problems that are out of the standard range of the castor and camber adjustments which causes premature bush wear on the suspension links.

Steve.