Keys

MileyFinley1

Got a 57 plate sline and it's got issues. Most of which I'm powering through. The main issue I have is the drivers door has been replaced and has a different lock, I have the ignition barrel to match that key(not currently fitted) I'm wondering if I fit the barrel will anything need coding in?

Also, my remote central locking doesn't work currently. The key for the current ignition barrel has no buttons. And the door key just doesn't work. I've tried the key in ignition key in door and it doesn't work. 

Any help is greatly appreciated 

Edited by MileyFinley1

2 hours ago, Steve Q said:

Has the door module from the old door been switch over? If it's different to the one the car should have them this could be part of the problem 

No clue, was done before I got it. 

12 hours ago, audia4b5kev said:

IF JUST BARREL  NO CODE NEEDED 

Have uploaded picture of what I have.

20230716_115633.jpg

14 hours ago, MileyFinley1 said:

No clue, was done before I got it. 

Have uploaded picture of what I have.

20230716_115633.jpg

take the black plastic ring that is on where key fits un plug wire  and use the one on you car and no need code it  

19 hours ago, audia4b5kev said:

take the black plastic ring that is on where key fits un plug wire  and use the one on you car and no need code it  

So the key that will fit the barrel will start the car just swapping that ring over? But won't the transponder in the key be wrong?

THE TRANSPONDER  WILL COME OUT FIT THE KEY YOUR GOING TO USE   PLUS IF BOTHE KEYS ARE CLOSE TO BARREL SHE WILL START ANYWAY