1.8 tfsi oil filter union problem

Itspointless

So this is not the first time I've removed the oil filter and the union has come out with it! Before rebuilding the engine I put a small amount of thread lock on it but after running it up to temperature I've gone to replace the oil filter and the union has come out with it again! 

Is this a known problem and is there a fix without replacing the oil filter housing please?

Thanks 

2 hours ago, Itspointless said:

So this is not the first time I've removed the oil filter and the union has come out with it! Before rebuilding the engine I put a small amount of thread lock on it but after running it up to temperature I've gone to replace the oil filter and the union has come out with it again! 

Is this a known problem and is there a fix without replacing the oil filter housing please?

Thanks 

Hi no you will have to replace the filter housing, other than that put the union back in with something like liquid metal and make sure the reciprocating thread on the housing is ultra clean and dry before attempting this.

Steve.

14 hours ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi no you will have to replace the filter housing, other than that put the union back in with something like liquid metal and make sure the reciprocating thread on the housing is ultra clean and dry before attempting this.

Steve.

Oh, this would have been so much easier when the engine was out of the car. Could this problem be behind the low oil pressure warning when the car is idling now do you think? 

If I raise the revs above 1000 the warning goes away but as soon as I drop to idle low oil pressure warning pops up again. 

Thanks.