Audi A3 Sportback 40 TFSI e - No Auxiliary 3.5mm Jack Socket

rozel

Hi once more - the second of my two posts.

As stated in the title there's no jack plug socket.  I have been used to the older MMI during past 7 years and this new touch-screen digital one whilst looking very promising takes a bit of getting used to, particularly the lack of the former "control-knob".  I am a HiFi enthusiast and always play my music at the highest resolution possible.  Previously I deployed my current Samsung S21 Android phone using an external DAC which plugs into my phone and from which a std 3.5mm jack plug to jack plug lead was deployed.

After trying out a USB c to female 3.mm jack socket lead the MMI recognises the DAC in the USB c plug (seems 99% of this type of connector cable are fitted with a DAC) but not my external one.  The external DAC is an S3 HIDIZS Pro Ultra Portable Hi-Res Dongle and has worked fabulously.

I have purchased a non-DAC enabled USB c to female 3.mm jack socket lead, which is called a "Passive" connector.  Cheap as chips but is passive so that only the Analogue Sound signals pass through it, not the Digital ones.  This is what I need but my question to the forum is, can the MMI accept Analogue Sound signals via one of its USB c sockets?

Thanks in advance

4.8 (17 Reviews)

@JMKC82Thanks for replying Joe 😁

Compared to Analogue via std 3.5mm jack plug leads or Digital via USB no it definately is not.  About 2 thirds the quality of a CD at best if you adopt, or can adopt a quality Codec - I play Hi-Res lossless music and even in my previous Q5 I can most definately hear the difference.  But now I have an extremely quiet PHEV I can't believe Audi are forcing us to connect via Bluetooth.  I shall see if the ordered Passive cable works and take things from there

Edited by rozel

Needless to say the Passive cable didn't work.  Seems I'm being forced to play via Bluetooth Audio!

Does anyone know how to feed the MMI with analogue audio?