New A4 Avant tyre noise

happyh

I got my brand new A4 40tsi Avant in March and have covered 2500 miles on UK roads. I love it and can't criticise at all other than one point. The tyre road noise seems excessive and is quite wearing on a motorway journey. It is almost as if noise insulation is missing. The car is fitted with Bridgestone Turanza Eco 245/40 R18. Has anyone else experienced these tyres? Thanks

I've had Bridgestone Turanzas on previous new cars (Skodas) and they are indeed very noisy.  They use a hard compound rubber which gives the tyre a long life but seems to transmit a lot of road noise into the cabin.  My Audi has Michelin Primacy tyres for the summer months and Michelin Cross Climate 2 tyres for the winter ones.  Both are lovely and quiet.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TheITGuy said:

I've had Bridgestone Turanzas on previous new cars (Skodas) and they are indeed very noisy.  They use a hard compound rubber which gives the tyre a long life but seems to transmit a lot of road noise into the cabin.  My Audi has Michelin Primacy tyres for the summer months and Michelin Cross Climate 2 tyres for the winter ones.  Both are lovely and quiet.

Thank you for sharing your experience. That sounds like the explanation in my case.

• Like 1