Audi q7 headache

stewart83

Hi just needing some help please I have a audi q7 3.0 l tdi v6 s line on a 07 plate I have a battery drain of around 5 amps gone through the fuses no problem disconnected the ccm both parts the reverse camera module the navigation module and I still have a 2 amp draw does anybody know if these modules are controlled by the bcm? 

Hello magnet so I have figured out the modules that are causing the drain which is the rear camera module the navigation module the smaller of the 2 ccm modules and the n/s tailgate module with them disconnected it has a drain of 0.01 as soon as I connect anyone of them it jumps to like 1.0 plus do you know if it could possibly be a faulty gateway module? As the dash frame by the drivers door is quite rusty?

Hello Stewart, 

Reference to tailgate is interesting. 
One potential trouble site to eliminate before getting into too many complexities :- 

Check the wiring within the flexible harness section twixt tailgate and body - pull the harness cover back and look for fractured or broken wires. Favourite place for wires to fracture due to years of opening and closing the tailgate.

Might be fine, but at least it will eliminate that possibility. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Don’t know Stewart, but I’m from the logical school of cheaply/without any cost, eliminating known issue points first, before over cooking it with complexities. 
Just give it a coat of looking at. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.