DPF sensor - Audi A4 2.0 TDI Qauttro 190hp 65 plate

LG99

Hi guys,

First time posting to this forum so would appreciate any help or advice I can get.

I have the P2002 DPF code and an engine warning light, looking to replace the sensor first before anything else as I understand repairs can be costly so want to rule out the sensor before getting the EGR or DPF changed.

I have the code for the sensor which is 03L906051B however I can only find 03L906051D online, I read somewhere that this is the newer version of the part but wanted to make sure this would work on my car before I purchase the part. The other codes seem to be slightly different on the sensors too, would this matter? My car is a 65 plate so I have the newer shape and design compared the 2015 A4. I have attached some pictures too.

Many thanks in advance

DPF sensor.jpg

DPF sensor 2.jpg

Hello Lewis,

Welcome, and thanks for joining. 
The general opinion ties up with what you believe - the last letter depicting the latest version of the same part. 
As a matter of interest, what sensor brand are you intending to buy? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Like 1

Hi Gareth,

Thankyou for the quick response!

Perfect that's a great bit of information to know going forward regarding the letter being the latest version of the same part.

I intend to purchase a genuine VW part but I believe you can buy Bosch parts that work too? so far I have managed to find it on LLL parts here is the link VW/Audi Particulate Filter Sensor - Genuine VW/Audi 03L906051D . Do you have any suggestions on this? or do you know of any reliable places I could order the genuine part from?

Many thanks,

Lewis

Thanks Lewis, 

If you are talking about the sensor, then I’ve used Bosch sensors  ( not this particular application) to good avail in the past. If you are talking genuine VAG, then it’s worth contacting Audi Parts Direct at Cardiff ( part of Mon. Motors - once Cardiff Audi). They were/are giving discounts, and do mail order. Aberdeen Audi were again discounting some parts - now-?
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Michael,

Apologies for the late reply, thanks for the help with the sensors. I'm yet to change the DPS but now I have a few places to order the part from it will make the job easier.

Once again thanks for the advice and help!