Audi A6 2.0tdi Oil Consumption

Wiperko

Hey guys, 

I'm new on this forum.

Just got a audi A6 2.0tdi with CGLC engine, well typical for me the oil consumption is about 1L per 1000km/600miles... 

car is on 124k miles atm, it does smoke occasionally.

I'm thinking is the oil return ring on the piston rigns... 

anyways, was there any audi recall for this?

Sadly no service history with the car, also none of my bmws with higher miles never drink any oil... so read about it a bit more on forums and its typical for vw group apparently?

Thank you :)

Welcome to the Audi Owners Club !

Good to have you onboard.

Although I know that some petrol engined models around your year were known to be susceptible to burning oil, I believed the diesel variants didn’t normally suffer from this problem. 
You say it didn’t come with any service history, so have you now treated it to a good quality oil and filter change - and it’s still consuming a similar quantity of oil? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hello, thank you for your reply to my topic.

If i purchase a car the first thing I do is to change all filters and oil regardless if the oil change been done 1k ago etc.

I have read on other forums, on fb that the CGLC engine suffered from it too and my car isnt the first diesel engine to do this. 
you think piston soak would help a bit? 
as I read the oil return ring can be stuck with carbon.. 

There could be several causes. They may not have poured enough during the change. Maybe the engine is taking on oil. Maybe you have a leaking turbo. You'd have to check a few things, yes it's fortune telling I'm betting on ring problems though. Are you able to check your turbo yourself? (Unscrew the rubber pipe behind the turbo and see if there is oil in it).

• 4 weeks later...