updating mmi

bellabingo17

i have recentlly purchased an audi a6 2007 model 2.8 fsi , the car has no sat nav and i am informed that the firmware on the mmi needs to be updated in order to retro fit the sat nav, i am also informed that the car is installed with mmi high, does any one know where to obtain the necessary discs and how to update the software.

thanks

• 6 months later...

• 5 months later...

If your car had MMI high than it would have sat nav. Unfortunately retrofitting sat nav is not possible with the current hardware in the vehicle, as it does not have the nav control unit installed or the correct controller interface (the buttons in front of the gear leaver).

Yeah, unfortunately, they do not come pre-fitted with the required hardware as standard (unlike many A1's, Q3's and all the new A3's). Therefore, if it didm;t come from factory with it, it hasn't got it. The versions on the A6 which do not have nav have the smaller monochrome red screen and four function buttons on the MMI control instead of eight (it will have radio, media, tel, car but missing nav, directory, setup and info. They are also missing the navigation module in the boot. Personally I find a TomTom does just as good job but the updates cost a fraction of the price! It just doesn't have the 'built in' feel.

• 1 year later...

Hi, I have a 2005 S-Line Audi A6 Avant Quattro ... MMI is dead, damaged by leaking rear screen wash hose...
Audi UK have refused to honour manufacture's warranty on the amp (£900 item)...
despite local Audi dealership identifying that leak was cause of damage...
I have removed amp to try & dry out on radiator overnight...
What chances of success...??
or should I source one from breaker on eBay...??