Audi S1 100k service

thatukguy_james

Morning all

so my audi s1 is hitting 98k and mot due in feb so wanted to do the 100k service now

what should i be getting done?

plugs?

fuel filter

oil change and oil filter

I wont do the air filter as getting a induction kit in a month.

anything else?

Hello James,

This is rather difficult to answer, since we don’t know anything about its service history to date.

Could you please enlighten us on this so we can help you further. 
It would be useful to at least know how often it’s been serviced in say the last 5 years - listing dates, mileages, and what was done when. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

hi there, 

paperwork says was last serviced 6k ago, but i would have to hunt and check what was done on that one

( the inspection warning is saying 19 days and service is like 3000k away via the MMI )

the last owner had the car for 2 years and was working at jag so made sure it was looked after, stated serviced twice a year and paperwork in folder.

OK thanks James. Could you perhaps have a look back through the paperwork then, and let us know what you find was done and when. 
Otherwise it’s a bit like ‘How long is a piece of string?’ and any suggestions may result in you spending money to renew parts which have already been changed in recent times. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

so I just had to pop home for lunchtime so for I dig out the two folders so from 2015 it looks like every six or seven months there is loads of receipts for oil first checks oil plugs screws screen wash Blake fluid etc

the last note I can see about the hadex oil being changed was in February 18 but I'm pretty sure the old owner when I brought it said he done it in 2021 but of course cannot say anything on this

upgraded the clutch in February 19 and also had new spark plugs oil filter new oil and brake pads at the back

tthere is also a receipt for oil change in January last year plus a new air and fuel filter

I was thinking:

oil change and filter

I'm guessing there is some sort of pollen filter but where is it?

fuel filter

hadex oil if not a lot?

gearbox oil

toying with updated coil packs and plugs. Is it worth it? people say Apr coil packs are good for the S1?

Many thanks for the additional detail James. 
Simple things first:-

If the last recorded oil and filter change was Jan.2022, then you will appreciate it’s now well overdue. 
Haldex service in Feb. 18. Again overdue. ( said to be done in 2021 is just that - no evidence-? )
Plugs? Due to be changed unless receipted evidence of being changed in the last 60k. Personally I’m not a fan of so called ‘up rated’ anything, but I just go for correct ones from good brands such as NGK. Same for upgraded coil packs. I’m sure you will appreciate that current component quality can fall short of what it used to be, so I just hang on to what is there and serviceable. 
Fuel filter at 100K - certainly yes, although I don’t think VAG specify a mileage/ age change limit. 
Believe your engine has belt rather than a chain -? If so, has this been renewed and receipted in the last 5 years? If no, this will be needed to be done.

Aux. belt changed? If not, again needs renewing. 
In case it helps, I always use Quantum Longlife 3 oil ( was/still is? recommended by VAG). Try the most reliable sellers on eBay
Filters:- I use Mann or Bosch, and avoid ECP’s best! 
Belts:- I use Gates. 
My regime is to buy quality parts at best prices, rather than buy ‘what’s fit and cheap’. 
Good luck with your maintenance - sounds good.

Are you going to do this work yourself James? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• 1 month later...

so asked for the following

4 new tyres ( getting smooth from bad tracking ) will be going to ATS to get 4 wheel trracking after.

oil change and oil filter

fuel filter

plugs

air filter

check aux belts ( timing chain im told on my with reg oil changes, so should be ok ? )

Haldex 4 wheel oil change

inspection and oil change reset via mmi