Insurance Premium - Q7

IAK

Just bought Q7 - 2022 TFSI model and tried to get my insurer to replace Audi A5 with Q7 and they cannot offer insurance on it...

Tried independent search engines (confused, compare, etc) and cheapest seem to be atleast 4-5 times more expensive.. 

Any one can recommend any specific insurance providers that can help please?

Hello Irfan,

Welcome, and thanks for joining. 
I think it’s fair to say that everyone’s insurance renewals are expected to have increased by X2 at the next renewal, for the same vehicle, and the insured’s situation remaining static. 
Change of vehicle -? As you have found - you are into unknown territory in terms of premiums being X whatever e.g. X 2,3,4 and so on. 
Having tried the comparison sites, you are now armed with ball park figures, and I would think it’s unlikely that these would be beaten by non-comparison site listed companies - but worth a try. 
You could try the insurers who are linked to this forum, who include Adrian Flux. 
Others who don’t tend to list on comparison websites inc. the Direct Line group which include Churchill and Darwin. 
Perhaps you could come back to us Irfan and share your up-to-date experience once you have completed your further contacts. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

8 minutes ago, Magnet said:

Hello Irfan,

Welcome, and thanks for joining. 
I think it’s fair to say that everyone’s insurance renewals are expected to have increased by X2 at the next renewal, for the same vehicle, and the insured’s situation remaining static. 
Change of vehicle -? As you have found - you are into unknown territory in terms of premiums being X whatever e.g. X 2,3,4 and so on. 
Having tried the comparison sites, you are now armed with ball park figures, and I would think it’s unlikely that these would be beaten by non-comparison site listed companies - but worth a try. 
You could try the insurers who are linked to this forum, who include Adrian Flux. 
Others who don’t tend to list on comparison websites inc. the Direct Line group which include Churchill and Darwin. 
Perhaps you could come back to us Irfan and share your up-to-date experience once you have completed your further contacts. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thank you Gareth for the tip. I contacted Adrian Flux and await their reply. Appreciate the help.

Edited by IAK
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Magnet said:

Worth trying the others mentioned as well if you can Irfan.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

p.s. My renewal on the non- Audi is due at end of Jan., so wish me luck! 

Good luck! And thanks

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/30/2023 at 4:04 PM, IAK said:

Just bought Q7 - 2022 TFSI model and tried to get my insurer to replace Audi A5 with Q7 and they cannot offer insurance on it...

Tried independent search engines (confused, compare, etc) and cheapest seem to be atleast 4-5 times more expensive.. 

Any one can recommend any specific insurance providers that can help please?

Did you manage to get insured? I’m about to bite the bullet on a Q7 vorsprung and concerned if insurance will be hard to get!

I got the best quote (by a country mile) from Audi insurance. Other quotes were up by around a grand.

• Like 1

Hello Mohammed,

‘About to bite the bullet’..  is good, and it is almost a must to get insurance quotes ( hopefully you can, as opposed to companies declining to quote), before you actually commit to buy. 
Perhaps you could let us know how you get on. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

24 minutes ago, IAK said:

I got the best quote (by a country mile) from Audi insurance. Other quotes were up by around a grand.

Ah brilliant, I’ve actually just done a comparison on gocompare for £1100 seems reasonable!

You think Audi can even beat that, would be happy if so!

Edited by Batman90

11 minutes ago, Magnet said:

Hello Mohammed,

‘About to bite the bullet’..  is good, and it is almost a must to get insurance quotes ( hopefully you can, as opposed to companies declining to quote), before you actually commit to buy. 
Perhaps you could let us know how you get on. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi Gareth

getting quotes of £1100 on comparison sites..

• Like 1