Optional insurance products

IAK

Hey folks

shopping around for optional insurance products for a 2022 Audi Q7 that I’m buying from the dealer directly (PCP).

This includes GAP insurance, tyre and alloy Insurance, cosmetic insurance as well as gard X.

Im getting both private as well as quotes from the dealer. 

Any recommendations as to which one would be most important and whether the others are worth buying?

thanks for any help and any pointers…

Hello Irfan,

My opinion, for what it’s worth, is cynical! 
The price the dealer will quote you will be (far?) more expensive that you can get elsewhere - termed as the salesman’s commission perks! 

GAP Insurance:- You will find plenty available to chose from via. a Google search, and this is a product that I think would be essential in your case where you aren’t leasing a new vehicle. Most insurance companies will replace total losses on a like for like basis during the first year from its date of first registration. From there on, they only pay out ‘market value’ which can be far below that required to replace the vehicle - as in your case. Just check out the comparison site estimated values - frightening! 
The best GAP cover will cover ‘Back to invoice value’. Beware of anything that doesn’t. 
Tyre and alloy insurance:- As with all such cover, read it carefully before signing anything, and the important thing to check is what is excluded - not what is included. Can you get it cheaper with mainline tyre retailers? -most probably. 
GuardX type ‘coatings’:- This is the major commission earner, and I’d be surprised if you can’t find it cheaper. Whether the dealer does it ( likely to subcontract it) or you get it done, the all important thing is that you have confidence that it will be done properly - if you decide to go with it. 
Cosmetic insurance?? 
No doubt all of these will be sold to you on an £x/month. Well worth doing a bit of arithmetic and calculating what they are actually going to cost you over the PCP period. Can be surprising. 
Perhaps you could let us know how you get on from here Irfan.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Magnet said:

Is any of the above of any help to you Irfan? 
Kind regards,

Gareth.

Very useful indeed - thank you so much! I've gone for GAP insurance so far still pondering over the rest....

Great Irfan,

Wondering if you went with ‘Back to invoice value’ cover, and did you go externally, or with dealer? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi.

Just to let you know that we offer a 12 month product called Total Loss Protection. Whilst it's not exactly the same as your traditional GAP insurance we feel for some customers it can make a cost effective alternative.

Please feel free to take a look if you wish.

https://www.adrianflux.co.uk/extras/total-loss/

Regards,

Dan