2007 A3 Multiple electrical ffaults

R W

I have an 2007 Audi A3 with multiple faults and I was wondering if all the faults point to anything common. Nothing works electrically from the drivers door, IE windows or mirrors. Central locking doesn't lock or unlock the drivers door or O/S rear door.

Rear window wiper doesn't work or the heated rear window. we fitted a S/H drivers door module but it made no difference. One day in the summer on a long run everything came to life. Windows, mirrors ect worked as they should.

Next morning everything not working again. I was wondering if you guys knew of maybe an ECU that controls all these functions that could be faulty.

I would appreciate your thoughts on the matter . Thanks in advance

Hello Raymond,

Worth inspecting the wiring in the flexible harness twixt the A post and where it enters the forward edge of the driver’s door - favourite place for wires to fracture particularly in cold weather. Hot summer’s day and things came back to life-? Fractured wires may have then been flexible enough to make some temporary contact across the fractures. 
Also worth checking the flexible section twixt tailgate/boot and the body. 
Perhaps you could let us know how you get on Raymond. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Like 1

Seems odd to me that these symptoms would team up!? 

I agree with Magnet, must be a harness issue.

I'd recommend trying to check any if these faults with a multimeter to ground, will tell you if there's a break, or not

Thanks David, but I would have thought it’s far easier to simple visually inspect the wiring in these areas, rather than trying to remove panels etc. to access points at which you can check with a multimeter. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thank you for your replies and advice. We did check the wiring when these faults started to appear, but we will check again to make sure. Thanks 

• Like 1