AIR CON SERVO MOTOR

AFOT

HI, Does anyone know if the Air con servo Motor (part 4m0820511a) error code B11AF07 would stop the my blower from working all together?

Many thanks

2 hours ago, AFOT said:

HI, Does anyone know if the Air con servo Motor (part 4m0820511a) error code B11AF07 would stop the my blower from working all together?

Many thanks

Hi are we talking that amazingly usless item that operates the vent position flaps.

I believe so. I can’t get the blower to work at all.  Tried 2 different blowers still nothing. Lots of error codes but can’t figure out what is genuine and what is caused by all the DC I have done to get to the blower.

11 minutes ago, AFOT said:

I believe so. I can’t get the blower to work at all.  Tried 2 different blowers still nothing. Lots of error codes but can’t figure out what is genuine and what is caused by all the DC I have done to get to the blower.

Hi can you give the codes and I may be able to fish out what is relevant the flap control unit will have nothing to do with the blower not working that just aims the air at the vents you select, have you got power at the blower motor, were the units tried new or second hand?

Steve.

B10ae04. B11af07. B109207 and u107600.  This is on the climate control section on diagnostics..

Thank you for your help 👍

7 minutes ago, AFOT said:

B10ae04. B11af07. B109207 and u107600.  This is on the climate control section on diagnostics..

Thank you for your help 👍

Hi this could be a bit tricky as most of these are mechanical faults there are several technical service bulletins for these faults, Audi are obviously aware of this problem as it applies to two other models Q5/A4 and on some occasions has been solved with a software update, what diagnostics platform are you using as if its VCDS you can test the function of each components operation to nail down which one is not working for example B11AF07 is the fresh air flap under the front scuttle where the air comes in and is mechanical,B109207 is the regulator motor for air recirculation which is at its end stop which is also adjustable on VCDS.

Thanks for this, it’s really interesting and helpful.  I’ve not had any issues or dash warnings.. before or during the blower not working.

the flaps that I can see around the blower appear functional and work when I trigger on the control panel so still trying to figure out if i have been really unlucky with the 2 purchased blowers..  I don’t know if you know bu should I clear the errors and try one of the new flowers?  Would the error still being there stop the second hand one working?