BOSE or B&O Retrofit

Johnby

Hi there,

I am looking at a very clean 2017 A8 SE Executive, but one thing is putting me off; the sound system is the standard Audi 200w. Fairly bad in fairness…

there are plenty of second hand BOSE and B&O systems taken from crashed A8’s on eBay etc.

Would it be a big job to retrofit BOSE or  B&O into a A8 with standard Audi sound system? Is there anyone in Ireland that might be able to do it? 
I understand B&O could be a massive job, but I am hoping BOSE would be straightforward.

I know it would be easier to just buy an A8 with BOSE but there are very few A8’s available in Ireland.

Thanks,

John

Bose would be easier to retrofit but I'd recommend you speak to autologics or Audi retrofits as members have used them for retrofits and been happy with the results. 

8 hours ago, Johnby said:

Thanks Steve Q.

are those guys in Ireland?

Both in the UK. The reason I say b&o might be harder because I think it has speakers rise out of the dash. 

Tried those 2 guys, they don’t do A8 BOSE retrofit apparently.

Has anyone on here done a BOSE retrofit into their A8 D4???

any help or advice appreciated.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Johnby said:

Tried those 2 guys, they don’t do A8 BOSE retrofit apparently.

Has anyone on here done a BOSE retrofit into their A8 D4???

any help or advice appreciated.

Thanks

Sorry they couldn't help. 

Having had a A8 D3 with Bose for 12 years and now a D4 facelift with it for a year, I wouldn't bother.  I loved it in the D3 and was looking forward to the 10 years of advances in the D4, but It sounds just like a normal car stereo to me, very cheap and nasty speakers and sound is nothing special, no front staging like the D3.  Like so many things these days, more of just a branding exercise. It sounds exactly like the BOSE in a 66 KIA Sorento we had and not worth the hassle and expense of the retrofit.  I see lots of similar posts on various forums so have discounted me just being unlucky.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

Also it's worth you giving this thread a read. 

Thanks Steve, crazy stuff alright.

Thanks for the help and advice 👍

Update; I actually found a better A8 with BOSE fitted and have agreed to buy it.

Retrofitting to a non BOSE car seems like huge cost, a lot off effort, and not a great return.

at least now I can upgrade the BOSE system more easily with straight forward speaker swaps etc.

Thanks for the help and advice all

• 1 month later...
On 1/30/2024 at 9:44 PM, Johnby said:

Update; I actually found a better A8 with BOSE fitted and have agreed to buy it.

Retrofitting to a non BOSE car seems like huge cost, a lot off effort, and not a great return.

at least now I can upgrade the BOSE system more easily with straight forward speaker swaps etc.

Thanks for the help and advice all

You're welcome 🙂

On 1/22/2024 at 10:13 PM, Johnby said:

Thanks Steve Q.

are those guys in Ireland?

Where  in Ireland are you?  

Theres a couple of places i could recommend depending on your location.