Abs light, stability light, rear parking brake and headlight

Stevox6

So i was driving along the motorway when all these faults came on the dash.. traction control, rear parking brake, abs and headlight range defective. Car drives spot on and no fault codes on the reader.. then i noticed both side compartments on the boot and wheel well were full of water. Could this be causing the problem... all faults come on after 10,15,20 mins of driving. Help guys! Many thanks in advance.. heard could be a relay?

Hello Steven,

Is the boot water in contact with any electrical junction boxes etc. or wiring? If so, this needs to be mopped up, all electrical components carefully dried with a hair dryer, before spraying with contact cleaner. 
It would also be worth having the battery efficiency checked, before engaging in any more expensive diagnostics. 
Perhaps you could let us know how you get on Steven.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

p.s. It is obviously desirable to fix the source of your leaks - usually the air vents, but a forum search should colour in the detail for you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

hi steven.my battery is in the boot is yours ? as my negative lead is attached to the lowest part in the boot right were the water has been gathering.as gareth has mentioned have the battery efficiency checked(as one of the culprits) once any wiring has been dried out

• Thanks 1