Can anyone recommend an OBD fault code reader?

Vikter

My 2016  3.0 TDI is suddenly showing the amber engine warning light but with no apparent symptoms.  Can anyone recommend a suitable, inexpensive, fault code reader?

2 hours ago, Vikter said:

My 2016  3.0 TDI is suddenly showing the amber engine warning light but with no apparent symptoms.  Can anyone recommend a suitable, inexpensive, fault code reader?

Hi OBD Eleven is a good shout and not expensive.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi OBD Eleven is a good shout and not expensive.

How have you found ODB Eleven? I was thinking about one of them before I got the Carly ODB reader.
Carly works fine on my Audi and Seat cars, but found on Renault it wasnt worth the effort.  I dont know if its down to the coding or the interface but it just didnt like being plugged into the Renault.  

• 2 months later...

hi Victer,

I bought an OBD diagnostic kit about three years ago.  FOXWELL make.  My  one is the Foxwell NT 6X4 Elite . Cost about £150. Comes in a nice molded box with all the necessary adapters. 

not the cheapest on the market but wow its brilliant.  Does everything and more for practically every car manufacturer.  Even programs new keys, reprogams replacement car parts. 

Regular updates are free unlike lots of others.  I have helped other people several times with other car makes,  even been offered money for diagnosing but never accepted the offers.  

cheers