PO148 Fuel Delivery Error Audi A1 2020

SaverRate

I have a 2020 plate Audi A1 35 TFSI, on 2 occasions since purchasing the car I have put Redex into the fuel tank. Each time roughly 2 weeks after doing this a Drive System error comes up on the dashboard. I plug in the reader and it comes up with PO148 fuel delivery error.

Error only comes up on the first engine start of the day. 

It seems to clear after a drive on the Motorway although not 100% sure on this or whether I accidently press to clear the code on the reader. The first time it did it, the error didn't return until roughly 2 weeks after adding redex about a month later. 

Anyone had this before and what I need to do? Cars going into Audi in march for another issue so will get them to check then but the drive system error isn't showing up at the moment 

The vehicle has roughly 19,000 miles. No idea when the fuel filter was last changed as we only brought it back end of last year.

i assume a fuel filter change will need to be done by a garage (it’s not an easy thing to do that I could do?) 

1 hour ago, jasonj said:

Hi Harry , The point is, the  High Pressure Fuel ( HPF ) System has to be primed and purged of Air afterwards . And this is a higher task level than most undertake themselves . So bearing that in mind , Yes it probably is best left to those in the know .

With what you quote 19k the Fuel Filter would not have been changed and so is due a New Filter . Jasonj 

Hi jason, the means of priming the new filter is once fitted turn the the ignition on without starting the car and leave for 20 seconds then turn off repeat this procedure at least ten times then it will start, the lift pump fills the filter, as for purging the HPFP this has not been necessary since 2004 when all manufacturers converted over to the self bleeding HPFP which dissipates any air in the unit via the return circuit on the pump which sends air bubbles back to the tank.

Steve.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently the A1 35 TFSI doesn't have a fuel filter. 

Does anyone have any other suggestions on what might be causing the PO148 fuel delivery error roughly 2 weeks after putting redex in please?

23 minutes ago, SaverRate said:

Apparently the A1 35 TFSI doesn't have a fuel filter. 

Does anyone have any other suggestions on what might be causing the PO148 fuel delivery error roughly 2 weeks after putting redex in please?

Hi I don't know who gave you that information but its not correct as the filter is on the drivers side at the back of the car, aluminium casing with at least three rubber hoses attached.

Steve.

Hello Harry,

Sorry to hear of your issue:- 

(1) I too would be very surprised if the car doesn’t have a fuel filter.

(2) I would be equally surprised if a fuel filter on a 19k petrol engined car would need changing, or would be the primary cause of the warning you are having.

Hello Jason, 

I have just re-read your post of the 23rd Feb. in response to Stevey Y’s post:- 

In a simple one sentence retort - what the heck are you on about Jason? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

9 minutes ago, Magnet said:

Hello Harry,

Sorry to hear of your issue:- 

(1) I too would be very surprised if the car doesn’t have a fuel filter.

(2) I would be equally surprised if a fuel filter on a 19k petrol engined car would need changing, or would be the primary cause of the warning you are having.

Hello Jason, 

I have just re-read your post of the 23rd Feb. in response to Stevey Y’s post:- 

In a simple one sentence retort - what the heck are you on about Jason? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi Gareth

I have asked Audi if it does have a fuel filter and awaiting a response 

Would you have any ideas of what could be causing this issue as only seems to be so far when adding redex roughly 2 weeks after. 

Hello Harry,

I’m not going to pre-guess any possible cause, but my opinion - for what it’s worth - is that any connection with adding Redex is more likely to be coincidental, as would be a restricted fuel filter. 
If it were mine, I would be booking the car in for a diagnostic check with a trusted local independent - rather than a main dealer. You can then hopefully talk directly with a technician - and come away without frightening your wallet! 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

2 minutes ago, Magnet said:

Hello Harry,

I’m not going to pre-guess any possible cause, but my opinion - for what it’s worth - is that any connection with adding Redex is more likely to be coincidental, as would be a restricted fuel filter. 
If it were mine, I would be booking the car in for a diagnostic check with a trusted local independent - rather than a main dealer. You can then hopefully talk directly with a technician - and come away without frightening your wallet! 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Okay thanks it’s booked in with Audi for another issue which the independent cannnot do as it’s a software update so ill just get them to look at it then.

if it’s something expensive I’ll then go back to the independent for the work

• Like 1

So Audi have responded to my query today and confirmed that I do not have a fuel filter that needs changing. I will update this thread when the vehicle goes into audi next week 

• 4 weeks later...

So turns out to be an exhaust camshaft position sensor causing the issue 

Another warning light came up today ‘vehicle start system fault’ I am hoping it’s the sensor causing the fault and nothing else wrong with the vehicle!!!