Steering issue - help

NFIN02

Hey all, this is my first post. Hope u guys can help. I have a jan 2018 Audi 2.0tdi sline Quattro, just today a message came on the dash to say ‘power steering fault - u can drive’. This message flashes up intermittently. Also when the car is parked stationary the steering whenever turn either left or right is retracting back half a turn on occasions. Not on every turn, this does not happen when you are driving just when parked. Any ideas what this could be guys ???

4 minutes ago, NFIN02 said:

Hey all, this is my first post. Hope u guys can help. I have a jan 2018 Audi 2.0tdi sline Quattro, just today a message came on the dash to say ‘power steering fault - u can drive’. This message flashes up intermittently. Also when the car is parked stationary the steering whenever turn either left or right is retracting back half a turn on occasions. Not on every turn, this does not happen when you are driving just when parked. Any ideas what this could be guys ???

Hi the only way you will find out what this is will be to get the vehicle scanned preferably with VCDS as this will tell you the why and what the offending part is, might be something as simple as readapting it or a software update.

21 minutes ago, NFIN02 said:

Steering message not on at this point 

Hi as I said a scan will throw up a definitive answer, a code is the clue to fixing this.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Got this sorted. Had to get rack refurbished. Company said that ecu on rack read and faults were water damage and voltage inconsistency. Found broken wire on loom travelling over back differential. Got this replaced and rack fitted and after 8 weeks we are out and about again 🤦🏼

• Like 1