Drivers side climate control cold - Passenger side hot.

Mmcfly

As above, drivers side heating stays cold no matter what setting its on. From what I've read its usually the heater flap motor that is broken, I've had a look and made a little video and I'm sure the part in the vid is working okay.

Any other place I should be looking to sort this, I've also read about temp sensors but I've no idea where they are located in this car.

Any help would be great.

Edited by Mmcfly

23 minutes ago, Mmcfly said:

As above, drivers side heating stays cold no matter what setting its on. From what I've read its usually the heater flap motor that is broken, I've had a look and made a little video and I'm sure the part in the vid is working okay.

Any other place I should be looking to sort this, I've also read about temp sensors but I've no idea where they are located in this car.

Any help would be great.

Hi had the same problem with my A6 but the principles are the same, had to change the thermostat and back flush the heater matrix because the silica bag in the header tank had burst and the crystals were blocking one side of the heater matrix.

Steve.

On 2/25/2024 at 7:56 PM, Stevey Y said:

Hi had the same problem with my A6 but the principles are the same, had to change the thermostat and back flush the heater matrix because the silica bag in the header tank had burst and the crystals were blocking one side of the heater matrix.

Steve.

Hi man, thanks for the info. I've removed/swapped both vent sensors to no avail. Might have to do a back flush of the heather core.

What was the way you didn't bud, can I just connect the header to a hosepipe and don't that way?

1 minute ago, Mmcfly said:

Hi man, thanks for the info. I've removed/swapped both vent sensors to no avail. Might have to do a back flush of the heather core.

What was the way you didn't bud, can I just connect the header to a hosepipe and don't that way?

Hi I removed the two heater connections at the bulkhead and let it have it both ways with a jet wash through the metal tubes that run to the matrix, if its a tight fit find a suitable piece of rubber hose and connect that, alternatively disconnect one side from the matrix and the the header tank cap off then flush it from the disconnected hose, jet wash is better as it blasts the cr@p out, I really would recommend changing the thermostat as mine was about 2mm open and stuck so most of the hot water was going out of the bypass system and not through the matrix.

Hi, Not an Audi owner but my wife's 2014 Citroen C4 Picasso had exactly the same issue. Lovely and hot on the passenger side and luke warm at the best on the drivers side. In the end had the matrix changed at my usual garage which luckily was not a big job (approx 1  1 /2 hours) but still cost £295 for parts and labour, The result after was a very hot car from all vents.

Edited by WELSHVIKING
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just seen this thread!

I had a similar issue on my A5 sportback.

It's a motor/servo arm motor (can't remember the proper name). I believe there are 3 motors on the drivers side and the one that needs changing is the most difficult to get access to.

You don't need to remove the  whole dash as the Audi instructions say, you can remove the dash panel under the steering and the side below the centre console and get access. 

You need to remove one of the other motors to get access tot he one to be replaced. It's a tight fit but possible.

There's a guide on youtube somewhere.

• Like 1