2008 BLS runs runs for 3 seconds then cuts out

Gljnr1983

I’ve just finished a turbo replacement plus an egr&cooler delete retaining the anti shudder valve,im left with the egr plug hanging and small stainless vacuum tube that went to the egr cooler open ended.If i start the car it runs for 3 seconds then cuts out along with with no throttle response when i press the accelerator.Read the codes and was wondering if these were triggered as i was disconnecting them to do the turbo change or could any of them cause the running issue?

IMG_0748.jpeg

1 hour ago, jasonj said:

Hi Gordon ,

1: Did you disconnect the Battery before you removed the Turbo ?  The codes are showing because ( Power Train Module ) has a reading  from DPFE that is below 0.05 v . Its not because you have unplugged things . It only starts the calculations when you start the engine . 

1a: Is the question , at what point did these codes appear ?  or is it ,

1b: I have done EGR delete and now these codes are showing ?

The  Fault code P0405 this is because The PCM  ( Powertrain Control Module ) takes its readings from (  EGR  sensor and these readings have dropped below 0.05v

this is because the pressure at Downstream P2  and Upstream P1  are now open . So  that stainless steel tube that's hanging down stick something over the end like Gaffer Tape , see if that has any impact . Jasonj

Hello Jason thanks for the reply,the battery was disconnected during the job but not before a few things were disconnected,so wasn’t sure when the codes would have been thrown up.I stupidly never read any codes before starting the job only doing so after noticing the running issue.