insurance for 2004 a2 sport

GeordieN

Welcome and thanks for joining Martin. 
So that we can hopefully best help you, could you give us far more detail of what you use the car for, how many miles you cover a year, whether this is your only car etc. 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi I bought my A2 about a year ago, Why because my brother in law had 3 new A2s years ago and just loved the looks and all that went with the car.

I saw it for sale in Bury and decide to buy it, spur of the moment purchase. 2004 A2Sport, 36,500 miles on the clock , plenty paperwork with the car

now has 38,700 miles on the clock. The car is a car to be used in good weather I have two other cars for everyday use, the A2 is sorned at the moment until the end of April. Will attend car shows when the weather improves.

As a matter of interest the car I sold to buy the Audi was a 1947 Wolseley 12/48 which I had for 6 years.  Geordie N.

Many thanks Martin. 
Having owned a 1947 Wolseley 12hp, I guess you are familiar with Classic car insurance, whereby you can insure a c20 year old car, which is used on a limited mileage basis, and you can generally benefit from an agreed values, breakdown etc., since this car isn’t your sole means of transport. 
You would need to shop around ( I would do this by phone) the brokers you would find via. a Google search for Classic Car Insurance. Be prepared to find they might not be too keen on insuring a 20 year old A2, but just keep trying. 
Let us know how you get on Martin. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.