Audi A3 E-tron 2016, Drive system fault

Hi, 

This is my first post on here but I was hoping someone could help me with a couple of issues. 
1. I was driving long distance and about 90 mins in I received a red error saying "Drive System: system fault! Safely stop vehicle". I managed to pull over at a garage where a mechanic kindly plugged in a diagnostic but it showed no issues. I am still getting the error system every time I turn on the car though. And it drives as normal. No issues at all. It was spilling rain so I do wonder if a sensor got damp somehow. But I can't figure it out. 

2. A long standing issue, the MMI randomly pops up and down every 2nd or 3rd time I start the car. Sometimes the radio won't engage when this happens. About the rest of the time, it works perfectly. 

3. Final issue I'm having, the rear wiper fluid no longer pumps out water. I wonder if it's a blockage or just a faulty pump. 

Anyway, the first issue is the main one. Has anyone experienced this before and it is a simple reset fix? 

Thanks. 

Audi issue.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

How was your issue resolved? I have the same error message. Mine came after long drive in rain, then charging at lamppost. Charged stopped automatically 2/3 full rather than continue to 100% as usual, but car then showed error messages and wouldn’t start at all. Mobile EV mechanic has changed 12v battery which means car starts (but direct to Ice which is unusual) but error messages still there and car won’t actually go forward or back when D or R engaged - he says the EV system and ICe motor aren’t talking to each other properly. All these problems came after - for the first time ever - I got into the ‘red’ on both electric and petrol fuel gauges, although it was still saying 60 miles range left. I think I have exactly the same car as you - a 2015 e-tron. Mine is out of warranty so hoping it’s not the dreaded EV battery!

IMG_0008.jpeg

IMG_0011.jpeg

IMG_0012.jpeg

IMG_0013.jpeg

Hey. Mine actually isn't yet resolved. It's booked in to see Audi in a couple of weeks. (Quickest appointment I could get). I'm pretty confident mine is just a faulty sensor as the car drives perfectly and charges etc with no issues. 

The issue you have, I did also have though about a year ago. I think my mechanic said the hybrid actuator was broken (though don't quote me on this as I might be missing remembering). Worryingly he said when he opened it up, it fell apart in his hands. He had no idea what caused it. Overall it cost me about £700-800 to fix and has been fine since. 

I hope you get it sorted.