Window trim missing & wind noise

GregDob86

Hi all,

Hope somebody can give me a bit of advice with this one, I’ve owned my car a couple of years now with no major issues however since day one really I’ve noticed a fair amount of wind noise coming from the drivers side upper window, more so at high speeds on windy days which is a given really. Admittedly up until this point it hasn’t really bothered me and I’d counter it by turning my music up louder…. Probably not the best approach but anyway recently it’s been excessively windy where we live and it’s bothering me more. Upon doing a close up inspection of the windows I’ve noticed the drivers side has a bit of rubber trim missing at the top. This is no doubt causing the extra noise as there is about a half inch gap between the top of the window and the car, thankfully there has been no water ingress however I find it strange that it’s only missing on that one window which leads me to believe the chrome trim has maybe been removed and replaced at some point though I could well be wrong. Has anyone had any similar issues and could tell me if it’s possible to just replace the missing piece of rubber or if it’s a case of a likely very expensive full seal replacement. Pictures attached where you can see where the missing piece is in comparison to the passenger side where it is present, just ignore my reflection 😄. Appreciate anyone’s help on this 

Greg

2017 A5 coupe S Line, 2.0 TDI 190

IMG_4532.thumb.jpeg.aa96c66a89e73cee0142ba5685d0905c.jpegIMG_4531.thumb.jpeg.1e12ad912527203c28cd966d85519f7f.jpeg

Edited by GregDob86

I don't have a 'extremely durable' fix arranged at this point, yet I've been driving my drive for about seven days with the tape and I'm sure the trim hole was the main pressing concern for my situation. Needed to impart my disclosure to all of you, if it's not too much trouble, let me know as to whether somebody has previously concocted an improved arrangement. I can't have tape on my vehicle and I'm not perfect with the silicone.