Brake disc retainment screw

Posted (edited)

Hey all I hope you can help. I have EBC OE replacement discs on my 2018 S5 but my retainment screw has come out of the drivers front. I need a replacement but don’t know the specifications of it to order a new one and everywhere is currently closed to be able to ring and ask what I need. Any help would be greatly appreciated 

IMG_7518.jpeg

Edited by Celticchris95
Add photo

Hello Chris,

I take it you are aware that you can refit this and tighten the wheel to the correct torque until you are able to order a new countersunk retaining screw on Tuesday. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.

p.s. perhaps you could give us a more precise location within the United Kingdom. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Magnet said:

Hello Chris,

I take it you are aware that you can refit this and tighten the wheel to the correct torque until you are able to order a new countersunk retaining screw on Tuesday. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.

p.s. perhaps you could give us a more precise location within the United Kingdom. 

Hi thank you for your response. Produce is updated and yeah I did but just wandered if anyone knew the size of the EBC screw by chance

9 minutes ago, Celticchris95 said:

Hi thank you for your response. Produce is updated and yeah I did but just wandered if anyone knew the size of the EBC screw by chance

Hi its just a standard screw fitted to any Audi, is all it does is keep the disc in place so if the pad off position is loose the disc can't move round and block the bolt holes.

Steve.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi its just a standard screw fitted to any Audi, is all it does is keep the disc in place so if the pad off position is loose the disc can't move round and block the bolt holes.

Steve.

Hi Steve thank you for your reply. 

I got a replacement screw from Audi themselves but it doesn’t fit. 

Chris

3 minutes ago, Celticchris95 said:

Chris

Hi take the screw out of the other side most motor motor parts stores will be able to match it.

Steve.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Celticchris95 said:

Chris

That is strange Chris, since the screw goes into the (Audi) hub, so the correctly ordered Audi screw should fit - irrespective of the brake disc supplier. 
Are the threads serviceable? 
Kind regards,

Gareth.