2014 Q5 AdBlue Pump Failure

Hiya - New member to the forum.. in need of some advice..

My 2014 Q5 has been a dream in that it has never let me down and has been a really robust family car.. We recently had the Ad blue level warning come up on the dashboard, which despite having refilled the Ad blue, the levels in the tank have not reset.. So i have VERY limited mileage to get a repair done. We rely on the car as it is the only one in our family and without would make life very challenging. 

I have had it diagnosed as a faulty pump, however even if that is replaced it could also be a faulty control unit - so could be a potentially ongoing saga. 

Audi want in the region of £1500 + VAT 

Indy garage is between £700 and £1200 + VAT, although could still have to go back to Audi for it to be recalibrated.

Anyone have any experience of this, and or anyone have any experience of replacing the pump? The indy garage made it seem quite simple. Drain the tank - unscrew faulty pump, fit new pump, refill tank... However it cant be that easy and the lack of You Tube video tutorials does make me fearful that its as simple as that...

Any advice would be gratefully received...

Thanks

Dan

Hi Dan the cheapest option is to have a remap that ksps out the adblue system. That way you won't have a problem with the system again. The remap should cost between £200-500

Thanks for a quick reply Steve - i had heard of this but wasn't sure on the effect of it and whether or not it would flag up in future diagnosis', also would that then also remove the fault warning and engine light?

2 hours ago, DanS said:

Thanks for a quick reply Steve - i had heard of this but wasn't sure on the effect of it and whether or not it would flag up in future diagnosis', also would that then also remove the fault warning and engine light?

Hi yes it will remove the light as the map fools it into thinking the adblu tank is always full, the cars will run perfectly well without it just don't get talked into having the EGR and DPF deleted at the same time as that will definitely cause problems, have you tried the tank level reset as this can be done with VCDS or OBD Eleven and often sorts the problem.

Steve.