tommo48

Hi,

Although I have owned Audi's for the past 7 years I thought it was about time I joined a forum, especially as I have recently purchased the best Audi I have owned so far A5 3.0 TDI Quattro Sport. I do have one issue that I hope a forum member may be able to advise me on. I foiund today that the windscreen wiper arm on the drivers side has been hitting the bonnet and has caused some damage to its edge, see images below. Does anyone have any experience of this and how do I remedy it? It really has caused some damage to the paint work :-(

post-1106-0-17505000-1354918329_thumb.jp

post-1106-0-54455900-1354918373_thumb.jp

post-1106-0-51170900-1354918415_thumb.jp

Thanks,

Ian

I can't say for sure since this isn't a common issue but I would guess that the wiper blade is the wrong kind which is forcing the arm into the wrong angle at the point where it's hitting the top of the bonnet. I'm not entirely sure but that's my first guess.

Welcome to the club by the way, nice to have you here.

looking at the top pic it looked like the lower arm is bent. but that could just be the reflection

Also, if it aint bent, then perhaps the bonnet is out of alignment, has it been in an accident before?

Hi Tommo, welcome aboard.

If the car is in warranty, take it straight back to a main dealer.

If not I'd still visit a dealer to look at another Q5 and compare the wiper arms.

Thanks for the replies guys and apologies for the delay, not in the UK at the moment so out of sync. I've only had the car 2 weeks and its either rained or been snowing

since i purchased it so the wipers have been used constantly,hence only just noticing the damage. I have informed the dealer and now waiting to see what they suggest,

my biggest problem is the dealer is 380 miles away :-(

Cheers,

Tommo