HEATING

Leashy

Hi Guys,

I have an 1998 audi A6 2.4 C5. PLease can anyone tell me where i can find the coolant bleeder. I think i may have air trapped in the cooling system as the heating is not working as efficiently. When idling the heating blows luke warm / cold air. When driving it warms up again but not as warm as it should get. Or could it be another problem..? Please help...

Thank you, Leashy.

Hi

It could be the thermostat is stuck open, so the radiator is pusshing cooler water through. The thermostat will regulate it so that the water is hot but no where near boiling point.

If it needs bleeding then you would hear gurgling.. probably a lot of gurgling.

Hi Steve..thanks for your reply..Ive just recentley had the thermo changed to a new one along with the water pump. I think it could be the heater control valve, heater core flush or just trapped air. I dont suppose you know where i could find the bleed valve/s on an 1998 a6 c5 2.4..?

thanks again..Leashy.

• 3 weeks later...

Remove the plenum chamber cover and you will see the two rubber coolant hoses running up to the bulkhead. Use pliers to carefully move the spring hose clamp back on the upper hose and then pull the hose back but not all the way off. You should be able to pull it back enough to expose a small hole in the pipe the hose connects on to. Allow the air to bleed out of here (engine running and heaters on full). Once the air is expelled, push the hose back into place and fit the spring clamp back into position. Hope this helps